International parental child abduction

International parental child abduction is generelly synonymous with international parental kidnapping.

International parental child abduction – how to act?

If your child has been taken to Poland by another parent, mostly your ex-spouse or ex-partner, you need to act immidiately and to use all available legal instruments to get track of your child and to bring it back to your country.

What is the Hague Convention?

The multilateral treaty, the Hague Abduction Convention of 25 October 1980 on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction Act is similar to an emergency unit at a hospital. It does not adjudicate on the issues concerning custody and parental authority but sees whether the abducted child should be sent back to its home country. Once the child is back home the local authority must decide where and with whom the child should stay.