In Poland foreigers can apply for two types of residnce permit.
Temporary residence permit
– may be granted for a period not longer than three years;
– may be submitted no later than the last day of a stay;
– may be based on work permitt, conducting business in Poland, continiuing education in Poland, doing researching work, being in marriage with a Polish citizen.
Permanent residence permit
– in order to obtain permanent residence permit a foreigner must demonstrate
knowledge of the Polish language;
– there is the possibility of obtaining the right of permanent residence for persons of Polish
origin and the holders of the Polish Card, who wish to settle down in Poland;
– permanent residence may be granted to children of parents who have a residence permit
for long-term resident of the EU, the right of permanent residence, who are victims of human trafficking;